Wednesday, December 16, 2009

And So It Begins

It's no secret to those of you who, like, really know me that for the past several weeks I've been in something of a downward spiral of panic, terror, despair, and complete uncertainty (all in equal measure, no less) regarding my life post-July. Who the hell is going to employ me? How the hell am I not only going to get to, but make it in some big city or another? Is this the point in time where I should throw in the towel, accept a life of begrudging mediocrity, and start working for The Bulletin's Community Life section? Or do I keep on thinking that I can pretty much accomplish whatever as long as I'm driven, and then drive myself right into the deepest, most penniless hole this side of that other deep, penniless hole? The former seems secure in what it would provide, the latter terrifying in that it promises nothing but further uncertainty.

I guess when I put it that way, I know which path I'm taking.

But that means lots more hard work. I need to prove, well, something to someone, the point of all this being that this blog address is going directly under my phone number on any and all resumes I send out to any and all possible employers. I mean, who wouldn't hire someone that's capable of updating a blog almost daily?

Which, of course, means I need to start updating this blog almost daily. But for seriously, this time.

Also, because no magazine or whatever is going to hire me to write summaries about what I've been up to for the past several weeks, my posts have got to start critiquing/exploring/commenting on things that are NOT my own existence. So expect changes, dear reader(s?), and expect them soon. Within a day, perhaps.

1 comment:

simone said...

yeah AJ! you can do it! screw The Bulletin! wait, that was the conclusion you came to, right?
also, i would like to add that i'm living in one of the most expensive cities in the country and i'm getting by on my froyo job. don't despair.